Educational Needs SITE website
Please support this site in any way you can:
- contact me with details of good resources
- contact me with a critical analysis of the site and suggested
- Invite me to visit your school to share some resources
- offer me some work (teacher/ICT/technician/handiman...) to
help pay the mortgage
- loan me a laptop with Windows XP
- loan/gift me the latest version of microsoft Office
- loan/gift me a copy of Macromedia Studio MX 2004
- make a voluntary donation; is this site worth 20p, 50p,
£1 or £2 a
week to you?
About me: I have been teaching in special schools for some years; mainly SLD, with a little time in MLD schools. So, initially
this site will probably be biased towards special schools, but hopefully,
with support, development will be broader. I live in Hampshire,
and have a lot of ICT skills, and currently between jobs!
- Several facts are true:
- Teachers are often too busy to search
the internet for things on their own. There are far more resources out there
than can easily be found in the time available for staff. The problem is in
sorting the good from the bad, and the time it takes. A good website will vet links in some way; some do
it by people emailing a star rating up to 5, and the average rating being displayed
as a star rating.
- Official Government websites
seem to have to be unbiased when it comes to commercial resources!
There are more evaluations of materials to be found now than
there used to be though.
Copyright(c) 2004 Ted Gallagher. All rights reserved.